So here's a look at our week.
1. We've been practicing partner reading in my intervention groups (yes, we're outside but that's for another post). I've been using these Text Based Evidence Reading Passages by Miss Decarbo. They're perfect for struggling 3rd graders. We get to work on fluency and comprehension at the same time! There are nonfiction and fiction passages that go along with the seasons. Perfect!
2. My Fluency Task Cards have been a big hit! We've been working on reading with expression. They love listening to how their voice changes. Did you download your freebie November Fluency Task Cards Reading with Expression yet?
3. I do progress monitoring on my intervention groups ever Friday. My kids did GREAT today. Almost all of them showed growth since last week. I love seeing those graphs go up! Remember how I mentioned we were outside? Well, it does make it difficult for some kids to read well when there are Navy jets flying overhead. :/
4. Do you subscribe to the Daily 5 Weekly Tip Newsletter? If so, you might have recognized some Hawaiian bloggers in it! I was so honored to be in the newsletter, along with Teaching in Paradise, Tonya's Treats for Teachers, Teaching with Style, and Surfin' Through Second.
5. I have officially removed all candy in the house from Halloween! Were you kiddos crazy? I found my daughter asleep like this last weekend.
Have a great weekend!