Happy Friday everyone! I've been on Spring Break, so this last week has been sooooo nice! This was exactly what I needed to get out of a funk I've been in lately. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday.
Since I'm on Spring Break, I'm going to share with you guys how I've spent the last week. We've been in Hawaii for 3 months, but I honestly feel like I haven't been able to enjoy it until this week. As soon as we arrived, we were slammed with looking for a house, job hunting, and getting settled in. Then I started work right away, and it's been very exhausting. I needed this break for a lot of reasons!
Here's some of my past week.
1. First thing to do was get stocked up with some good reading material. I've read 2 books (Daddy Love and Collateral), and I'm almost done with Something Wicked). Daddy Love was disturbing. It wasn't necessarily bad but too disturbing (kidnapping, child abuse, etc.). I don't recommend it. Collateral was really good if you like Ellen Hopkins style of writing (poems). It's about a girl's relationship with a Marine as he goes through deployments. I could definitely relate to parts of the book and felt like she did a great job. I'm almost done with Something Wicked, so I'll hold judgement till I get done.
2. This is how I've been spending my days!
3. Everyone wears collared shirts to the beach, right?
4. This might be my MOST favorite picture of me and the triplets ever, even if Brody's not smiling.
5. I got to hang out with some other awesome Hawaiian bloggers! This is Nicole from Teaching With Style and Corinna from Surfin' Through Second. Such a great time visiting, eating pupus, and having drinks!
I have a whole other week of Spring Break left and lots of stuff planned for the next week. Make sure you check back next week to see some more pics as we play tourist here in Hawaii.